Imagination. One of the most powerful but yet underestimated abilities that the world has ever known. It’s powerful because everything around us that has been innovated had to start from somewhere. We wouldn’t be able to drive cars if someone did not imagine it. We wouldn’t be able to fly on airplanes if someone didn’t imagine it. We wouldn’t be able to pass information around as quickly as we do now if someone didn’t imagine it. So what’s stopping you?
I’ve heard many people talk about the things they want in life and what they want to become. There are many people with great ideas and want to be successful but there’s always one thing stops them from fulfilling their dreams. Themselves. Simply because, people tend to use logic/analytics to prevent themselves from taking that leap of faith. So It’s safe for me to say that wherever there is a surplus of logic there can only be a shortage of imagination. Let me break this down further.
Your conscious mind focuses on whats in front of you which only accounts for about 5% of the total information that you are receiving. Whereas the subconscious focuses on everything else in the background which accounts for the other 95% . For example, If I told you not to think about a red ball while reading this sentence. You really can’t because your subconscious has already painted the picture. That’s how powerful your subconscious can be. The problem resides in that 5% because that is the information more often times than not is used against the 95%. The average human only uses 10-15% of their brain and thats why.
In order to be successful in ANYTHING, you must learn how to use your subconscious mind to work in the other direction. and the most effective way this can be done is by using this thing we call is our imagination. Hypnotists, psychologists, therapists all use these techniques that have bee PROVEN for various issues but they are all related to the same concept. Here’s how it works.
Take 5 minutes and think about where you want to be 5 years from now.
It could be a place, with a person, being in shape, ANYTHING, but it has to be thought in a full 360 degrees. You have to envision the whole situation, so deep that you are almost living in that moment. Notice the people around you, the clothes you’re wearing, whatever activity you are doing, and the emotions you are feeling. You really have to be into it.
What this will do is it will plant the seed. Since your brain isn’t used to this way of thinking it will take some discipline and repetition. Once this becomes a habit it will only be a matter of time before you find yourself doing things that will bring that thought closer to a reality. Make sure it’s reachable. You aren’t creating a fantasy, you are creating a reality. Ok times up, but you get the picture. Have fun with it…. and remember…
If anything was impossible, then there would be no use for your imagination.